SDCXTRA RADIO

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sarantos - New Music

 

My new music video for
“Bankruptcy" is released
worldwide right now!

 

 

 

Bankruptcy is a legal term for when a person cannot repay their outstanding debts and files a petition with the court. All assets are evaluated and may be used to repay a portion of outstanding debt. All bankruptcy cases in the United States are handled through federal courts. Filing bankruptcy can help a person by forgiving debt or making a plan to repay debts over time. Bankruptcy is not a simple, easy cure-all. 


Take it from me, I’ve been there myself! It’s hell. It’s embarrassing. My story began after the person managing my online store embezzled over $1M from me back in 2008. I trusted the bank and borrowed more money with the promise I’d get the amount I really needed a few months later to get over the hump. They took all the collateral I had. I paid credit cards and then went back for more. Of course, they changed their minds and said no though I did everything they asked. I was trapped in a spiral. I struggled very much. I owed money to bank & family. The tide kept rising. This was a solid business that had great credit and stellar P&L statements for many years but was now in crisis. With no one willing to lend more money, no funds to buy inventory, pay employees or advertise, my business came to a screeching halt shortly thereafter. I honestly tried. I fought for almost a year trying to juggle bank debt, inventory, employee salary, credit cards, mortgage payment etc. I refused to file personal bankruptcy for over a year. I was taught to just work harder but this was hamster wheel I simply couldn’t outrun. Eventually, as the walls continued to close around me and with no other option, I finally took everyone’s advice and filed personal bankruptcy and closed my companies. It took a while to go thru the process. There were many sleepless nights. I was ashamed. It was tough. Next year, the 10 years will be officially over. The worse decade of my life (actually 12 years) will finally be a memory I can let go of. 

The truth however, is that what was really cathartic for me was writing this song. 

The music video features me and others going thru the misery. The angst is palpable. No nationality or color is spared. There is a lot of simple powerful imagery. There are metaphors everywhere like when I’m walking on the dark trail into the forest while the day is bright and sunny.

Watching this video is really cathartic for me & I hope it makes you feel the same way. If you have a similar story to share, shoot me an email. I’m here for you. If you’re stuck in hell too, just know that one day, things will get better. Bankruptcy is not fun but if you have no other choice and have to go thru it, do it sooner rather than later. Don’t be embarrassed. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Just learn from it so you don't make the same mistake twice. 

If you wanna talk, shoot me an email. I’m here for you.

http://bit.ly/2CnjyZW - Subscribe to my YouTube channel
http://spoti.fi/2ghNevG
https://apple.co/2J78eoO

I’ll continue to release a new song, music video, book chapter, poem & Behind the scenes video every month. I love being a proud supporter of multiple charities and donating directly to many charitable organizations!

See my newest Vocus press release here.

**Since 2014, Sarantos has won over 44 awards with Akademia LA Music, Beat 100 while also being nominated for the International Music & Entertainments Awards, Hollywood Music In Media, and the Hollywood Songwriting Awards.

** You can find all of my songs, lyric sheets, videos and books on my website for free. 

Links:

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Youtube

Instagram

Spotify
 
WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment