SDCXTRA RADIO

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Peyton Davis

Peyton Davis is currently a junior at the University of Texas at Austin.


When Peyton heard the song, “Still Missing You,” written by her producer, Julian Sundby, she knew she had to record it…as a tribute to her father. Two years ago Peyton lost her dad, first to divorce and then to suicide. “It has been a really hard time for me, but I am working through it, thanks to my faith and the love and support of so many family members and friends who have been here for me.” After graduation from high school (and at the same time her associate degree in college), Peyton realized that she wanted to pursue her dream of performing and recording country music, while still completing her bachelor’s degree. “I guess people would have understood if I had used my personal tragedy as an excuse to give up on my dreams…but that’s not who I am. Losing someone I loved, so suddenly and without warning, made me realize just how short and precious life is. I knew that I had to do this and the time is now.”

At age eighteen, Peyton set out for Austin and the University of Texas. She really feels at home there. Country music had always been something she loved. From a young age, “I would plop down in front of the TV and be mesmerized by Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson and Trisha Yearwood on CMT… so it’s no surprise that country music is the kind of music I want to make.  Since moving to Austin, I’ve been so blessed to be working with amazing musicians like James Cook, Kent Slucher (of Luke Bryan’s band), Dan Cohen, Jake Clayton, Steve Smith and Nick Fowler, performing and recording country music. I’ve also had the great privilege of working with Cory Gierman (MuzikMafia) in Nashville. By producing this album, my mom has demonstrated her belief in me and has encouraged me throughout. Without their mentoring and guidance, none of this would be possible.”

Since December of 2014, Peyton has been working on putting together the album, entitled “Country Road.”  The album consists of nine songs that she chose to record because she really identified with the variety of emotions and experience they portray.  “I want to use my music to make people feel… to remember, to cry, and to smile…to elicit emotion in the same way that other artist’s performances have touched me. Life would be so incredibly boring without music, with its special way of pulling any and every emotion or memory out of you. Having this connection to music makes me feel alive. My journey down this road is only beginning, and I can’t wait to share every bit of it with you. Thank you for all the love, support and encouragement you have given me. Love y’all…to the moon and back!”



Band Name: Peyton Davis
Album Name: Country Road
Email Address: iheartpeyton@outlook.com
Website: http://www.iheartpeyton.com
Music Style: Country/pop
Influences: Carrie Underwood
Personal
First Name :Peyton
Last Name :Davis
Geographic City: Austin
State: Texas
Country:United States
Zip Code: 78741

Band Description

Sassy country-girl songs and heartfelt emotional ballads delivered with clean, pure vocals on original songs by Nashville's finest songwriters.

No comments:

Post a Comment