SDCXTRA RADIO

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Mr Bongo x OkayAfrica Guest Mix: Ebo Taylor mixed by Chri... By Chris Read

New show by Chris Read


Mr Bongo x OkayAfrica Guest Mix: Ebo Taylor mixed by Chris Read

After putting together two volumes of Brazil 45s mixes for Mr Bongo, I was thrilled when they asked me to put together this mix of material from the wonderful Ebo Taylor in support of his new album. Like most music from his generation, my first point of discovery was through samples so this mix includes tracks like 'Come Along' (as sampled by Ghetto Concept, whose track 'Certified' I also included) alongside a selection of favourite cuts from his back catalogue. A couple of years back I had the pleasure of DJing in support of one Ebo's live shows in London - It was an education in Afrobeat and the Highlife sound and I can only hope that I might have the same energy and enthusiasm for music that his live performances and his new album exhibit after 8 decades.

 

Mixcloud on Facebook Mixcloud on Twitter
Mixcloud​, 96 Leonard Street​, London​, EC2A 4RH
Get Mixcloud for: iPhone | iPad | Android

No comments:

Post a Comment